- All business with taxable supplies (sales) of D1, 000,000 and over in a tax year are required to compulsorily register and charge VAT.
- In addition, businesses with taxable supplies of D500, 000 and above in a tax year may voluntarily register.
- Businesses who do not meet these thresholds cannot register and cannot charge VAT.
VAT registrants for are required to :
- Keep proper records of their business transaction
- Display their Certificates of VAT Registration at all business premises.
- Issues VAT inclusive invoices and receipts.
- Advertise and quote prices inclusive of VAT.