The Social Security and Housing Finance Corporation Act 1981 applies to :
- Any employer whose business is required to be registered under the Business Registration Act 1973.
- Any employer not specifically exempted from the previsions of the SSHFC Act;
- Any employer and employee to whom before the coming into force of this Act, the State Pension Act applied;
- Citizens of the Gambia employed by Diplomatic Mission or International Institutions of equivalent status, and
- Any employee (irrespective of nationality) of not less than 18 years of age employed in an establishment which is registrable under the Business Registration Act 1973: